Pages

2.05.2016

February 5 on 5

Well hello 2016! It is really February already?

It's been quite awhile since I've done any blogging, much less used my camera simply as an expression of creativity. Busy with making, making, making  jewelry. 

But when Mosey mentioned the possibility of participating in a group photography project for 2016, I decided to dust off my camera and join in. I've gotten quite rusty with the big girl camera, and just in general with taking photos. I'm planning some travel this year, and would like to have some decent snaps when I get home. So this seemed a perfect excuse to flex that muscle again.
I've been graciously invited to participate in a 5 on 5 project with a group of lovely and talented photographers. We each post our favorite 5 photos from the previous month on the 5th. We then link up to each other so we can share the beauty we each captured with our lens. 



First I had to get used to having my camera with me more often. Next I had to get back in the habit of really seeing the world around me. 


These are five of my favorite shots from the month. 


They make me smile and are lovely reminders of what my January looked like. 



Some of my favorite things. And some of my favorite views. 




Thank you for stopping by, I'd love it if you'd take a few minutes to have a look at the other beautiful images posted by the other lovely women participating today.

Pop on over and begin with Kim's and then keep clicking the links to see them all.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Mo! I love your soft tones in your pictures so much! So grateful to spend the year with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh sweet Suki, this is going to be a fun year isn't it? xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh that puppy! I love the clarity of that beautiful face and eyes. Your photos are brilliant, in the true sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that is so sweet of you to say.

      Delete
  3. All so very lovely. But the watercolor image... oh my. Just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nichole, the paints are new to me, and I still find them fascinating to work with. That image makes me smile at the memory of the learning curve.

      Delete
  4. A lovely collection! I am glad you are doing this project. Looking forward to watching! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss looking at your images and your eye for detail! So good to be 'working' with you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweets. I'm really excited about working with old friends also. I think it's just what I needed anyway.

      Delete
  6. Your work doesn't show any evidence of being rusty - love each and every one. How fun is this??? Let's get some late night chats going while we procrastinate on our project this year, yes? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, this is so much fun isn't it? and yes! to late night chats! xoxo

      Delete
  7. The details and texture...you have a wonderful eye. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, so sweet of you to say. I feel really rusty, but happy to be back at it.

      Delete
  8. I've missed you! It's been far too long since I visited this space.
    Love the jewelry bits and the paintbrush. And the fence brought back some HFF memories! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, and I've missed you out here on the webs. I so loved HFF and HBM. That reminds me, I need to do a bench shot. What do you say? Bench shots next month?

      Delete